Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tribute to Grandpa Bob

When I was born, neither of my Grandfathers were still alive. My older brothers and sisters though, were fortunate enough to have a wonderful Grandpa from their Dad (My mom's first husband). This man, Robert Horsley, took me, and later my little sister and brother, under his wing as his own grandchildren, just as my dad tried to take in my older brothers and sisters as his own children. Grandpa Bob loved me unconditionally, and I feel so honored and fortunate to have had him in my life. I wanted to scan a couple of pictures to post on my blog, but unfortunately the scanner available to us in the office was not working, which has only added to my emotions today. His memory will always live in me. My words could never do him justice. He lived a good life! I am so sad that I could not go up to Seattle to at least see him one last time- I hope that he knows that I love him and miss him.

I am so glad that at least all of my other brothers and sisters were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to see him, and I pray he felt my love through them. I love my family, and wish that we could solve our differences. Life is so short! We never know when our time will come. I have never been good at keeping in touch, or in expressing my love. But I want to take this opportunity, when our hearts are feeling a little heavy, to express my love to each one of my brothers and sisters. I hope that each and everyone of you know that I love you, and that I would do anything in my power, at any time, to be there for you, to do anything that you asked of me. I love you!!

I love you Grandpa- I look forward to seeing you on the other side!

1 comment:

  1. You really worded that so beautifully. You guys really had a wonderful grandpa! He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete